If you are a CBSE class 12th board student, and if you are looking for a CLASS 12TH PHYSICS CBSE BOARD EXAM PRACTICAL FILE, then this article is for you.
In this article, We’ll provide you with the Class 12th physics CBSE board exam practical file PDF, you can also view and download this physics practical file class 12 pdf for free.
Table Of Contents
- 1 CLASS 12TH PHYSICS CBSE BOARD EXAM PRACTICAL FILE Pdf
- 2 Also Read
- 3 CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical 2023-24 Syllabus
- 4 CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical 2023-24 Marking Scheme
- 5 Physics Practical File Class 12 PDF – Session 2023-24
- 6 Conclusion
CLASS 12TH PHYSICS CBSE BOARD EXAM PRACTICAL FILE Pdf
As you all know the importance of CLASS 12TH PHYSICS CBSE BOARD EXAM PRACTICAL, in the board exam and it plays an important role in overall marks, out of 100 marks practical portion carries 30 marks, and remaining 70 marks is of your theory exam.
First, let’s have a look at CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical 2023-24 Syllabus
- Chemistry Class 12th Practical File
- CBSE Class 12th Physical Education File On Yoga| Yoga Practical File PDF Class 12
- All in One Physics Class 12 PDF: A Comprehensive Guide for CBSE Students
CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical 2023-24 Syllabus
List of Experiments
- To determine the resistivity of two / three wires by plotting a graph for potential difference versus current.
- To find resistance of a given wire / standard resistor using metre bridge.
- To verify the laws of combination (series) of resistances using a metre bridge. OR To verify the laws of combination (parallel) of resistances using a metre bridge.
- To determine resistance of a galvanometer by half-deflection method and to find its figure of merit.
- To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into a voltmeter of desired range and to verify the same. OR To convert the given galvanometer (of known resistance and figure of merit) into an ammeter of desired range and to verify the same.
- To find the frequency of AC mains with a sonometer.
List of Activities
- To measure the resistance and impedance of an inductor with or without iron core.
- To measure resistance, voltage (AC/DC), current (AC) and check continuity of a given circuit using multimeter.
- To assemble a household circuit comprising three bulbs, three (on/off) switches, a fuse and a power source.
- To assemble the components of a given electrical circuit.
- To study the variation in potential drop with length of a wire for a steady current.
- To draw the diagram of a given open circuit comprising at least a battery, resistor/rheostat, key, ammeter and voltmeter. Mark the components that are not connected in proper order and correct the circuit and also the circuit diagram.
List of Experiments
- To find the value of v for different values of u in case of a concave mirror and to find the focal length.
- To find the focal length of a convex mirror, using a convex lens.
- To find the focal length of a convex lens by plotting graphs between u and v or between 1/u and 1/v.
- To find the focal length of a concave lens, using a convex lens.
- To determine angle of minimum deviation for a given prism by plotting a graph between angle of incidence and angle of deviation.
- To determine refractive index of a glass slab using a travelling microscope.
- To find the refractive index of a liquid using convex lens and plane mirror.
- To find the refractive index of a liquid using a concave mirror and a plane mirror.
- To draw the I-V characteristic curve for a p-n junction diode in forward and reverse bias.
List of Activities
1. To identify a diode, an LED, a resistor and a capacitor from a mixed collection of such items.
- Use of multimeter to see the unidirectional flow of current in case of a diode and an LED and check whether a given electronic component (e.g., diode) is in working order.
- To study effect of intensity of light (by varying distance of the source) on an LDR.
- To observe refraction and lateral deviation of a beam of light incident obliquely on a glass slab.
- To observe diffraction of light due to a thin slit.
- To study the nature and size of the image formed by a (i) convex lens, or (ii) concave mirror, on a screen by using a candle and a screen (for different distances of the candle from the lens/mirror).
- To obtain a lens combination with the specified focal length by using two lenses from the given set of lenses.
Suggested Investigatory Projects
- To study various factors on which the internal resistance/EMF of a cell depends.
- To study the variations in current flowing in a circuit containing an LDR because of a variation in (a) the power of the incandescent lamp, used to ‘illuminate’ the LDR (keeping all the lamps at a fixed distance). (b) the distance of a incandescent lamp (of fixed power) used to ‘illuminate’ the LDR.
- To find the refractive indices of (a) water (b) oil (transparent) using a plane mirror, an equiconvex lens (made from a glass of known refractive index) and an adjustable object needle.
- To investigate the relation between the ratio of (i) output and input voltage and (ii) number of turns in the secondary coil and primary coil of a self-designed transformer.
- To investigate the dependence of the angle of deviation on the angle of incidence using a hollow prism filled one by one, with different transparent fluids.
- To estimate the charge induced on each one of the two identical Styrofoam (or pith) balls suspended in a vertical plane by making use of Coulomb’s law.
- To study the factor on which the self-inductance of a coil depends by observing the effect of this coil, when put in series with a resistor/(bulb) in a circuit fed up by an A.C. source of adjustable frequency.
- To study the earth’s magnetic field using a compass needle -bar magnet by plotting magnetic field lines and tangent galvanometer.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Practical 2023-24 Marking Scheme
Max Marks: 30
Total Time: 3 hours
|Two experiments one from each section
|7 + 7 Marks
|Practical record [experiments and activities]
|One activity from any section
|Viva on experiments, activities and project
Physics Practical File Class 12 PDF – Session 2023-24
Here is the cbse class 12th physics practical file pdf for session 2023-24:-
You can also check out this lab manual – CBSE Physics Practical Class 12 Lab Manual for 2023-24 Board Exam
This was all about the CLASS 12TH PHYSICS CBSE BOARD EXAM PRACTICAL FILE PDF, in case if you are facing any issues while viewing or downloading this CLASS 12TH PHYSICS CBSE BOARD EXAM PRACTICAL FILE PDF then you can contact us, we’ll try to solve your query as soon as possible.
Best Of Luck For Your Paper, Happy Reading!